Monday, May 23, 2011

Kudos to My Kids!

I have been blogging about my husband's crash from the day that it happened through his long hospital stay.  His crash occurred five years ago.  So much has changed since that fateful day.  But I would like to flash forward to present day today, for a moment and share some good news about our family. 

My husband's crash affected all of us in many different ways.  My son, Mike, had recently graduated from college and was living in Arizona attending ASU working on his master's degree.  When this transpired he decided to come back home.  Two years later he married his college sweetheart and returned to ASU.  He just completed his Master of Science Degree and was accepted at Indianapolis-Purdue University.  He is now going to pursue a law degree.  Congratulations Mike!

My son, Mark, was just graduating from Columbia College in Chicago (one week before my husband was released from the hospital) with a BA in photography.  For the past five years he has been the coordinator of the photography department at Waubansee Community College.  

My daughter Katie, was a junior in high school when her father suffered this devastating accident.  Being the youngest, his crash probably affected her the most.  However, she being most like her father, persevered and on Saturday will be graduating from Elmhurst College with a BA in Speech and Language Pathology.  She just received a letter that she has been accepted into the graduate program for Communication and Sciences Disorders at St. Xavier University.  Congratulations Katie!

Three extraordinary kids, strong in their convictions, despite all that has happened, have done us proud!  We couldn't be more pleased and happy.  Kudos to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment