Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ahhhhhh….Coffee

I love coffee.  Not sure if this is politically correct these days.  But I do love coffee!  I said before that I don’t know how I survived on so little sleep.  Welcome coffee!  Prior to my husband’s accident, we were turning into health nuts.  We had that Bahamas trip coming up!  We would get out there and run every morning.  We were watching what we ate (so we would look great on the beach, ha ha)!  And we had decided that we would let go of the caffeine.  My husband wasn’t much of a coffee drinker, but I was.  So, little by little if I had to have it, I was weaning myself to caffeine free.  Prior to us leaving for the Bahamas, I was off the stuff! 

That all went to hell the day of the crash. 

During my occupancy in the waiting room of the SICU, there was a coffee pot.  Usually the volunteer for the day would make a pot of coffee.  By the time my husband was getting ready to be moved from there, I was making that pot of coffee three times a day! 

It became different when he was moved to the next unit.  They did have coffee, but it was restricted to the nurses area, although, they did let me fill up my cup.  Of course there was the cafeteria.  The staff up there knew me pretty well by this time.  I would stop in every morning to grab my cup along with my fruit.  I even started to become a coffee connoisseur! They had different flavors and mixes that you could add to your coffee to give it that great taste appeal.   But after a while, their cups weren’t large enough.  Aha…a solution!  I would stop at Dunkin’ Donuts on my way to the hospital and get their largest cup!  That seemed to suffice the coffee craving for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment